Monday, August 13, 2007

Odd Words

Several years ago, Leah and I started something to amuse ourselves during church. Yes, I know, that was bad, we should have been paying attention. Anyways, I wish I could find that list now. I may have to go home and dig for it. Our list consisted of word we thought were funny. Here is my list of funny words and why they are funny.



Dorcus -Could you really name your kid that? I know, it's a Biblical name, still, it just screams, well, DORK!


Moist-It just sounds funny, or dirty, depending on how it is used.


Hippopotamus-Haha. I just picture a big purple blob. It just cracks me up.

Spaghetti- I like the stuff, the name is just funny!

French Lick- Who decided to name the town that?

Aardvark- How did they come up with that name. They were looking at this crazy animal and someone sneezed?

Emu- Don't know why, but to me it's funny. Then again, so is it's cousin, Ostrich.

Mullet- the word and the hairstyle are funny. I once had a friend give his "final exam speech" in speech class about the different types of mullets.

Smidgen- I picture the Swedish chef from the Muppet's hosting a cooking show drunk. I don't know why, I just do.

I really need to find that list....I know I have a ton more.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy and I never liked the last name "Jarnigan." For some reason, it made us think of the word "vagina," which made us giggle uncontrollably, then eventually bust into hysterics of "ew! ew! eeeeew!"

"Virgin" and "splurge" also rate up on the icky-word list for me too, though I'm not sure why. Something yucky about the "urge" sound I suppose.

I used to have a whole list too, but I guess I've forgotten many of them.